If you are thinking how to get a shining smile then opt for dental veneers. Dental veneers are a popular cosmetic dental procedure that can help you achieve a shining smile. They are thin shells made of porcelain or resin and are placed over the front surface of your teeth to improve their appearance. They are custom-made to fit over your natural teeth and can be used to fix a range of cosmetic dental problems. Here are the steps to getting a shining smile with dental veneers:
- Consult with your dentist: Before you get veneers, you will need to consult with a dentist to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure. Your dentist will check if your teeth need prior treatments and discuss the procedure.
- Choose the type of veneers: You can choose between porcelain or composite resin veneers. Porcelain veneers are more durable and stain-resistant, but they are also more expensive. Composite resin veneers are less expensive and can be placed in a single appointment, but they are not as durable as porcelain veneers.
- Teeth preparation: Before placing the veneers, your dentist will prepare your teeth by removing a small amount of enamel from the surface of your teeth. This ensures that the veneers will fit properly and look natural.
- Impressions: Your dentist will take impressions of your teeth, which will be used to create custom veneers that fit perfectly over your natural teeth.
- Temporary veneers: While your permanent veneers are being made, your dentist may place temporary veneers to protect your teeth and improve your smile.
- Bonding: Once your permanent veneers are ready, your dentist will bond them to your teeth using a special adhesive. They will then shape and polish the veneers to ensure that they look natural and match the rest of your teeth.
- Follow-up: After your veneers are placed, your dentist will schedule a follow-up appointment to ensure that they are properly placed and functioning as they should.
What dental problems do veneers correct?
Veneers can be used to correct a variety of cosmetic dental issues such as:
- Stained teeth
- Chipped, cracked, or broken teeth
- Misaligned or irregularly shaped teeth
- Gaps between teeth
The process of getting dental veneers involves several visits to your dentist. Therefore, it is necessary to ensure that the dentist is a highly professional expert.
How are veneers fitted?
Once your dentist determines which veneers are a good option for you, they will remove a small amount of enamel from the surface of your teeth and take another X-rays or impression of your teeth to create custom-made veneers mould that fit your teeth precisely. Once your veneers are ready, your dentist will bond them to the front of your teeth using a special hardener or dental adhesive.
With proper care, dental veneers can last up to years. It’s important to practice good oral hygiene, including brushing and flossing regularly, and to visit your dentist for routine checkups and cleanings. To get the best dental service and specialists, visit icodental.com